PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

A Work in Progress


 Just giving you a little peek at some work in progress. I finally got back to acrylic pour canvas painting! I've not had any inspiration until now to return to this technique. I'm having trouble getting cells. When I do get them, they are tiny. Maybe I use too much paint on the actual canvas...

Anyway, this is just to show you my new art goals, which are:
    ...to try/return to new techniques
    ...to spend less time on Pinterest and more time creating
    ...to use up my over-abundant stash of craft supplies, canvases, wood and leather kits, and paper
    ...and to continue to fight procrastination, hoarding, thrift store visits and disorganization

Wish me luck. My whole creative life has been built on the things I wish to fight against. For example, I like to create shadow boxes. Besides making them to contain memories (son's wedding, grandkids, etc), I love to make me a spooky Halloween shadow box I can display in October. I also like to create Christmas shadow boxes (same reason). A big plus, they sell well!! LOL

Right now, in my basement, I have over a dozen shadow boxes stashed away, waiting for me to upcycle into fabulous shadow box room decor for the holidays. I also have two giant Rubbermaid tubs filled with Halloween decorations and figurines. Christmas shadow box stuff has its own two tubs . I really need to pick up where I left off regarding shadow boxes...

No comments: