PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, July 3, 2023

A Happy Little Accident - Dollar Store DIY/Upcycle Project #1


 Okay, peeps, by now you know that I enjoy thrift shopping, or as I call it thrift therapy. (Believe me, when I see the prices at retail stores, I need true therapy!) So I scored a whole bag of Dollar Store wooden signs that all said "Happy Easter". There were 15 in the bag, and I got it for $5 - that's less than 50 cents apiece! See the photo below for what these signs looked like

I just pulled one out of the bag and took off the Easter print from the wooden "canvas" with water and a small scraper. Once clean, I set it aside because I often do more than one craft at a time. with that said, I was cleaning off my table where I had just painted. I dropped the palette paper with excess acrylic paint all over it, and it transferred onto the wooden canvas I had cleaned and sanded.

After taking a good look at the mess, I decided to create an abstract painting by painting white dots around the paint splotches. It became one of Bob Ross's "happy little accidents" that was salvageable. I added a die-cut sentiment and I have new wall decor to hang!

Before I completely cleaned up today, I cleaned and sanded five more of my Dollar Store wooden canvases (but I'm keeping them off the table for now!). Expect to see more wall decor this summer...

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

That was an awesome accident Pat, love the dots you added, definitely dream time. :)
Faith x