PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Faith - Dollar Store DIY/Upcycle #4

 

Today I upcycled another Dollar Store wooden sign. This time I used a stamp from Crafters' Companion for the sentiment. The cardinal is a 3D stamp (isn't he beautiful?). The paper is once again a grab from my paper stacks. I swear, unless I need a specific paper, I won't have to buy another sheet until the year 2035. LOL

I admit it. I am a paperholic. If I say I'm on my way to a paper-crafting, intervention, I'm really on the way to buy more paper. And that has to stop! My sister and her hubby are coming in to stay with me in September, and that basement (where my craft supplies are located) must be cleaned out and organized before they take step one into my house.

I will say that a lot of paper came from clearance racks, thrift stores and 50% off sales, and I haven't bought a single piece since before COVID. But then I inherited my mom's stash of papers when she passed. I had bought a shelf (on clearance) from Michaels craft store to keep everything in one place, but I later discovered that I had only put the 12x12 papers in it. I recently found a couple drawers full of cardstock in all the colors of the rainbow, so the pressure's on. Of course, I could go back to making cards and scrapbooking, but I'm having so much fun painting and upcycling and creating wall decor and patio decor...and those projects often clean out more space that using paper and tape!!!

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness all that paper? Hubby says I have too much. However, it wouldn't fill a shelf! The Cardinal bird looks like a mould, it's stunning. I love the sentiment and the background paper, at least you used some for this card!
Enjoy what your doing. :)
Faith x