PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Day 9 DIY Holiday Crafting & Decor - More At-Hand Gifts

 

When the world was right (before COVID) and there were events known as Craft Fairs, I used to sell a ton of decorated candles. So any people love candles, so I make several for Christmas presents for my neighbors and/or people who visit and bring me a holiday gift that I wasn't expecting. 

The candles are very easy to make. All you need is decorative tissue paper, wax paper and a heat gun. I cut a sheet of paper about 6 inches longer than the circumference of the candle (how round the candle is). Placing the candle on the paper, I hold the ends so the paper is tight against the candle and apply the heat gun. The wax from the wax paper melts onto the tissue paper.

Moving the heat gun smoothly along the candle insures few chances of creases and seals the paper as if the candle was manufactured with it. There are lots of YouTube videos on how to decorate candles this way. Here's one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-R_MBFO_CU

I made this one for my next door neighbor who just got a kitten named Patches. A quick tip: If you plan on using a sticker like I did on this candle, make sure the candle is one that burns only down the middle or core and not completely.




No comments: