PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, January 9, 2021

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER Holiday Sea Glass Artwork

Well, looks like I dropped the ball with posting my holiday crafting every day. My sister came in from where she lives in Germany and we had a nice visit. She and my other sister and I lost our mom in the Fall of 2020,so we have been very busy cleaning out her house. She had lived with my sister for over 5 years, but nothing was done with or to her own home, which is at least in the same neighborhood. It is an ongoing chore, as she was a hoarder, and there are a lot of memories while sifting and sorting through the rooms.
Since I had many other holiday projects created, I felt it was better late than never, so today I'm showing off two sea glass pieces of artwork. The one above uses a Brie cheese container. I glued the bottom and top together and painted it before using a bit of Decosse's Dynamite Doodles designer paper. I like to have a background for my sea glass and pebble creations.  I finished it off with a red ribbon and it (was) hanging in my kitchen for the holidays.
This piece uses more paper from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. I used a wooden frame that originally came from Ikea, but I found several for 99 cents at my local thrift store. I decided to hang this one with my other sea glass and pebble artwork (in my bedroom). It's right next to my beach scene, although the photo below doesn't show all my sea glass projects.
That's it for today. Hope my artwork has inspired you. If you are the kind of person who holds Christmas in your heart and on your craft table all year round, check out the 12 Months of Christmas Link-Up blog for inspiration.


 

No comments: