PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Running Out of Things to Paint/Alter...

 

I was watching A You Tube video featuring Mariah Elizabeth. She's funny, and loves to revamp squishies. She also loves to paint and alter pretty much anything. A soul sister!! And some new inspiration for the days when I just can't settle on what I want to do. So I took out my screwdriver and removed a switchplate from the hallway and created this little gem. My daughter keeps reminding me that her spirit animal is a Sloth, so she really likes the new look.
I can't remember if I showed this one yet, but I drew and painted this switchplate first. I love how it has a Disneyesque look to it, and the colors really pop. This one resides in my guest bedroom (formerly called my craft room).
Since my hallway has two light switches, I thought I should alter the other one to make a matched pair, except they don't match (except for the fact that they're both altered/painted). This is my favorite one. Now I'm hunting throughout the house for other switchplates and  outlet covers I can play with.

What's on your desk today?? 

Challenges I am Entering:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes w/a Critter
Crafty Animals - Anything Goes w/an Animal


1 comment:

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic switch plates, Pat! I remember doing similar ones some years back. :-D Thank you so much for entering and supporting our "Anything Goes" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT