PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, January 15, 2021

I'm Loving the Outlet Covers

 I am really loving the look of my painted/altered light switches and outlet covers. They are a quick craft (except for waiting for the paint and varnish to dry). Today I'm showing you 2 kitchen outlet covers that I created over the last two days. Above, I painted a background and used my last remaining fish stickers. I used a white paint marker to create the bubbles and highlights.
Below, I used Mod Podge and some handmade paper for the back ground, then painted a nice chunk of cheese. I had some House Mouse stickers which worked perfectly.
By the time restrictions are lifted due to COVID, my outlet covers and switch plates should all be altered or hand-painted!! Meanwhile, I have a new sewing machine and a bed quilt to finish. All I have to do is open the box and read the instructions and watch the YouTube tutorials. (Since COVID restrictions, the free classes when you buy a machine are NOT available. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

ike said...

OMGosh - they are so cool. What an amazing idea :-D
Good luck with your new machine :-)
I bought an over-locker machine last year and can't even work out how to thread the darn thing up :-( It's still sitting in it's box !!!

Chrisboldo said...

Hello just found your love and love love love it! Your switch covers are fabulous! Giving me some ideas, lol! Hope you will consider following me too.

Crafty hugs
Chris B
Http://the cardphilelady.blogspot.com

Mary said...

My Goodness!! What a cute idea, never thought of doing something so cool as this! Thank you for sharing.

Mary
http://createfulheartcards.blogspot.com/
https://gratefulheartgreetings.blogspot.com/