PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, January 10, 2021

- Holiday Flowers

 Happy New Year! I'm trying to catch upon showing my holiday crafting (I have to: it's one of my New Year's Resolutions). Do you make resolutions every New year? Do you keep them? This year I'm also keeping a list of my artwork, experiments and adventures. That way I can look back on 2021 in December and see how much I accomplished.

I like flowers, but they don't like me -- allergies! That's why I use artificial flowers for all my crafting including those for the holidays. Here I was cleaning out my cabinets and found this clear glass vase. I simply placed holiday greens and flowers in the bowl, and added those Dollar Store glass pebbles to keep them in place. A little baker's twine around the lip of the vase, and the colors really brightened up my kitchen table.

Below, I spray-painted an empty Starbucks bottle from one of their yummy grocery store offerings. After adding a few snowflake stickers to the bottle I added holiday flowers and greens. I glued a piece of lace to the top and now have a compact vase of holiday colors for my desk!!
Lastly, I used a Holiday teapot/mug set to make one more centerpiece. I glued the two pieces together. I almost gave the thin away since I had lost the pot's little cover, but after adding pinecones, flowers and greenery, I'm glad I didn't! 
Here's to a new year, filled with health and happiness and prosperity and creativity!!
 

No comments: