PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, December 4, 2020

Day 4 - DIY Holiday Crafting and Decor - Christmas Wreath

 

Several years ago my daughter-in-law made me this beautiful wreath for a Christmas present. Since my front door, upon which I had always hung it, faces the east, the sun did some damage to it. This year when I took it out of its box, I decided to give it a facelift, and a beachy one at that!

After cleaning and replacing some of the white branches, I replaced a couple ornaments that had fallen off and added some floral touches that seemed to have run away. I pulled off most of the pinecones and replaced them with seashells I had painted my favorite color and sprinkled with glitter. I had collected the shells on a trip I took to Florida to visit my son, daughter-in-law and grandkids.


  Here's a close-up of one of the shells I painted and attached to my new-old wreath. And aren't I lucky that the colors of the wreath match the colors of my front porch?! If you don't have a chance to go seashell hunting, I found a huge bag of shells from a local thrift store just last month. It was Veteran's Day and everything in the store was 50% off, making my bag cost $2.38 - what a deal!!

That's all for today, crafters! Stay healthy and craft your hearts out...

Challenges I am Entering:
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes 
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Christmas Related
Sisterhood of Crafters - Shaped Projects
Bleeding Art - Anything altered art/mixed media Goes 
Sparkles Christmas - Non-Traditional Colors


6 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a unique and creative project, great way to display the shells!
Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys.
Melanie

Darlene said...

Great job ... absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

dj said...

I love anything beachy!! This facelift turned out great!!

Heather said...

Such a fun project, and in great colors, too! Great job! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great job renewing the wreath! Love the colour combo and beachy theme. Thanks for joining in the November Bleeding Art Challenge.

Tammy said...

Stunning wreath, I love the non-traditional colors! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas.
Tammy x