PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Day 8 DIY Christmas Crafting & Decor - Christmas in Florida Shadowbox

 

I created this shadowbox for all my friends in Florida. I stained the wooden box a seashore aqua blue/green, then used acrylic paint to create the background with palm trees decorated with holiday lights. Using Tacky Glue, I added sand to the bottom before gluing my alligator-riding Santa Claus to the scene. After all, reindeer fly (and land) best in snow, which comes to Florida once in a century (or last year-wasn't that when the geckos froze and fell off the trees?).

Anyway, the rest of the shadowbox consisted of arranging seashells and florals and more seashells for that ocean look. To put Christmas back in there, I added a poinsettia border at the top, with a seashell in each corner. I love it! I'm thinking of doing one in shades of pink with a flamingo or two... What do you think?
Challenges  I am Entering:
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes
Creative Artiste - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Bleeding Art - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Creatilicious - Anything Goes
Mixed Media Academy - Dream On/Blue color palette



No comments: