PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Happy New Year - As Time Goes By wall clock

 


Cheers and Jeers to 2023, a year filled with obstacles, opportunities, good news, bad news, loses, gains, failures and triumphs...all in 365 days!! LOL However bad the bad experiences were, my survival rate is still 100%, so I'm happy to wish you all a Happy New Year.

Today's make is very fitting for the passing of the old and arrival of the new--a clock! It is a gift for the owner of (you guessed it) a Nothing Bundt Cake bakery. My daughter has worked at the store for two years, after five years at another location. She loves where she is now, and has made assistant manager as well.

While thrifting, I had found this empty round Pottery Barn box that had originally held dessert plates. When I saw this box, I knew it would make an awesome clock. I dug out a package of clock workings and drilled a hole in the cover of the box. I pulled photos of the bundts that this bakery sells and adhered them to the clock's face with Mod Podge, including the NBC logo. My daughter asked that I blur the owners names and location. I sealed it all with more Mod Podge and it is keeping time accurately (yay, me). Finally, I adhered a 3M Velcro fastener to the back from which to hang the clock.

Challenges I am Entering:

The Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes
Classic Design - Anything Goes
Morgan's Artworld - Anything Goes


  

4 comments:

Ilonka said...

Such a great design, Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Addicts Challenge.
Ilonka DT

Pamela Duncan said...

I'm sure they loved this card! Great idea. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Pam CT

Ginny said...

So glad you're joining us in this A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge. All the best!
--- DT Gina Ang ---
A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge for January, #1-2024

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oops! I went too much into the future! Love your clock idea, it would bring a smile to anyone wanting the time. x