PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Back on Track and Crafting Again


 Hello, crafters! I've been busy this new year. I have a habit of naming my years as January 1st comes around. The last few I have named the Year of Ruthlessness, aspiring towards decluttering and organization of home and health. This year I changed it to The Year of Whole Health. 

Whole Health means taking care of all aspects of my life: Moving my body, Food and Drink, Professional services, Personal Development, Surroundings, Spirituality, Relaxation and recharging and Circle of support and socialization, When I say WHOLE health, I mean it! LOL

I'd already started the year by covering a few of these goals, like mindful meditation, deep breathing and sleep therapy. when it comes to my surroundings, I get overwhelmed and frustrated because I'm storing lots of leftovers from my mom's and grandma's houses for my sister. My livable basement has become unlivable with a maze of bins, boxes and furniture. I'm waiting for my sister to make some decisions. Why doesn't she have all this stuff?..because her house and garage are full of the rest of the things she couldn't let go of. 

My plan is to inventory, research and try to sell the collectibles, trading cards, and Star Trek memorabilia that mom accumulated the last 20 years. I am trying to make myself comfortable in my surroundings, Which brings us to today's project pictured above. I inherited a small wooden bookcase from gram's house, but it was in bad shape with scratches and discoloration on the wood sides and top. 

I decided not to wait until better weather to sand and paint or varnish it, so I did the next best thing. Using spray adhesive, I covered the bookcase with some faded tie-dye material from my sewing stash. (think of it as wallpaper made of cloth)  Then I brought it upstairs and put it in my bedroom. I think it looks great and fits in well next to my bed. 

It's sitting on a wooden console table Ik rescued from a neighbor. Not only does this free find give my new boocase the perfect height, but there's room under the table for my extra blankets and a small bin or two. PLUS my basement is just a tiny bit less cluttered! Win, win, don't you think?

How have you started your new year? I found my Fitbit and am spinning again; am looking into taking an art class; and have had three doctor appts. this month with another four in February. Whole Health!! Hope your year is full of happiness and good heath...

No comments: