PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 29, 2024

Veni, Vidi, Legi (I Came, I Saw, I Read)

 

I love Journals and I love Lists. The journal pictured above is my Book List. When I find a book or series that grips me, I snap a shot of the cover and write the title and author's name and why I like the book(s) with a short synopsis. I just added my most recent reads to my journal. They are Circe and The Song of Achilles, both by Madeline Miller. I've always been interested in Greek mythology, and Miller writes in the first person, giving life and perspective to these mythical gods and demi-gods. She brings their stories to life. I can't wait to see if she's writing another one.

Of course, I had to cover my composition book so it reflected the pages in side. I gave my cover a door with a peek-hole into other worlds, which is exactly the kind of journal this is. Other pages include books from Anne McCaffrey, Fern Michaels, Carl Hiaasen and more. Lately, I've been reading cozy mysteries, like the Donut Shop mysteries and the Deepwood Witches mysteries.

What do you like to read? Do you carve out some time in your busy days to relax and live a different life through the books you read? This is a habit I'm trying for my whole health plan, under Personal Development. My previous post describes my whole health plan for the new year...

No comments: