PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 8, 2024

Thinking Ahead in the New Year

 

I was thinking...
...since my Christmas crafts aren't packed away for the year, and I plan on actively signing up for a craft fair or two, that I should continue creating crafts that I'd like to sell in the Fall. So saying, I've inventoried, packed and labeled the bulk of my holiday craft items from this year and last. I'm going to build up my inventory and have enough items to make a good profit. And if I don't sell it all, I will use it through the years. It's a win-win situation!

So my project today is still Christmas-themed. I pulled out another thrift store find, a holiday card holder in the shape of a wreath. I sanded the rusted metal until it (almost) shone, and have it a new shiny copper color. Next I used designer paper leftover from a project I made a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

I adhered the paper to a stiff backing and then glued it to my card holder. A small bow and a red ribbon finishes it off. An easy upcycle that I can safely wrap and put away for next year. Besides altering thrift finds, I have a list of craft ideas that will help decrease my stash of craft supplies by making things from scratch.

My blog will see all kinds of projects, as my card stash has practically disappeared, I have a new sewing machine with which to play, and plenty of things to alter. So please visit often. You never know what will show up here! LOL

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a lovely wreath, love the frame. A new sewing machine ay? Now that is going to be well used I'm sure :) x