PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Sheep Thrills can be had while Crafting

 


My Muse continues to inspire me in both card making and doodling. Today I have a card that features a Scribbles Designs freebie. It's called #F185  Woolley Wink. Even though I spent 8 years (and had my son) in southern Missouri, I am definitely a city girl. I didn't know the difference between a lamb and a sheep. Do you? The answer is at the end of my post.

Meanwhile, I doodled the image I chose instead of coloring it with my Copic markers. That's a switch for me. Usually I doodle around images. I had a lot of fun doodling Woolley. The Scribbles Design store has some wonderful Zen design images for sale. My favorite is actually listed in the Cats category. It's called #A87 Peek-a-Boo - check it out HERE.

Back to my card. I printed out the digital image, fussy-cut it and doodled all her lovely curls. I tried several different backgrounds, but found my favorite from a page in a decor magazine. I found two pages of small rugs in a color scheme I liked. After playing with their placement, I decided to make a color block background, highlighting the edges with black ink. 

I used cardstock letters to spell out my take on the word Unique, and gave it a tiny bit of bling with a few leftover strips of adhesive-backed pearls. I even dotted the "I" in ewe-nique with a pearl. I finished my card off with a thin strip of gold washi tape around the edges, and I now have a card for my cousin. Hmm, now that I look at it, I think I'll re-place the word "ewe" as it looks too crowded to the rest of the letters...

Don't forget to check out the challenge at Scribbles Designs Challenge blog. And for those of you still reading my post, a Lamb is a young sheep, while older sheep are just plain Sheep. (Of course, a female sheep is a Ewe...)


No comments: