PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Garden Party

 

I had fun creating this whimsical garden of flowers and mushrooms. Maybe it's because I started with that swervy base line. I drew the garden above the line and used colored pencils to give my scene some highlights. I found the perfect sentiment, "Your words can plant gardens OR burn down whole Forests". I am a lover of words, metaphors, similes, antonyms, homonyms, phrases and onomatopoeia. Words have so much power, and I strive (and sometimes succeed) to think before I speak.

My "troll" is from Ike's Art, one of a set of Gnomes available at her store. I chose the plain gnome so that I could color in clothes. After I did that, he looked more like a Troll than a gnome. So of course I added the HAIR! LOL I had some leftover tie-dye fur from a previous project and used it for his "up-do".

Then the page below that swervy line looked awful, so empty and white. So I had to stick in a bit of doodling, which I think improves the overall look.

 

No comments: