PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, February 20, 2023

I Will Always Walk on the Path of Positivity

I have always tried to walk the path of positivity, but it's been a long time since I created something for the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog. After my husband passed, I needed time to grieve and settle in to being mother, houseowner, handy woman, landscaper, snow blower, gardener, carpenter and painter--by myself.

Then Covid hit, and all our lives took a detour along that path. Once I had time to myself, I stretched out into all kinds of crafting and art styles. I created memes, upcycled thrift store finds (my favorite), painted canvas, wood, metal, doors, light switch plates, outlet covers, and walls.

I crocheted, sewed, carved, wired jewelry, along with a number of new techniques and media. And I'm still reaching outward and challenging myself to create positivity with my artistic endeavors. I can't say all my "experiments" were successes, but I learned and practiced.

One of my favorite ways to create has been journaling. Whether I am Zen doodling, collaging or writing, I have filled several journals, some of them over-sized, some small travel books. So when I finally revisited the Path of Positivity's challenge blog, I was inspired by the "twist" to this month's challenge.

 I've taken this month's "Fashion" twist in a different direction. I created a journal page of my dream room. I pulled photos from 3 different magazines (Elle, HGTV & Good Housekeeping) and collaged them to hopefully look like a real room. I love the colors I found; teals and aquas are my go-to paints. I like wooden floors but know the value of a good carpet or two. I just wish I had a floor-to-ceiling bookcase in reality, but in this "fashionable" room, the windows were needed to bring light to the space. What do you think?

The challenge over at the Path of Positivity is Anything positive Goes, but they always offer a "twist" for your inspiration. This is the midway point to the challenge, and prizes are offered from Scribbles Designs for winners each month. I hope to see your positive project there! Meanwhile, keep crafting!

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your post is inspirational, with a wonderful page to brighten a day.
Faith x

ScrappyHorses said...

Your journal page is perfect! Love the colors and of course no room is complete without the pup! Hey, I read how you are enjoying all sorts of crafts. On that note I invite you to check out the challenge over at Paper à la Mode where there is a theme every month, but the medium is Any/Everything Goes...just no greeting cards! The themes are pretty open so it's easy to fit in projects! Come play along if you like: https://theoutlawzchallenges-saturday.blogspot.com/