PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, February 13, 2023

Fluid Acrylic Painting is Difficult


 I don't care how easy it looks on You Tube, fluid acrylic painting is difficult. After months of practice I finally came up with a decent ratio of paint, flow aid and silicone to create cells, but it's not 100% fool-proof. As you can see from the photo above, not all my paints reacted the way I wanted them to. But I still kind of like this canvas, so I'll keep it.

On the other hand, this painting, made the same day, went ballistic with cell formation, but they are still "off". Does anyone paint with fluid acrylics/? What am I doing wrong? It looks like I spilled Boba all over my canvas. And I made two other canvases that day, but they were so bad I didn't even bother glossing them with varnish...

However, I am an Aries girl, and give up are not words in my personal dictionary. How about you? Do you have a technique, medium or art materials that just come up short with your expectations? 

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the results, that look beautiful to me, (who does not do mixing like this.)
Faith x