PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Finding Zen in Butterflies and Blossoms

 

I am halfway into my new art journal and really liking what mu Muse has inspired me to draw. I tried my hand at a couple mandalas. I learned that I need to be very precise with my circles and layers. I drew the above freehand, so you will see plenty of imperfections, but I'm still practicing the art of Zen doodling.

Anyway, I discovered a new challenge blog called Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. I'm so happy that my doodling fits into their challenge this month! And I'm trying out the Outlawz challenges after a long time away.


Birds, Butterflies & Blooms - Anything Goes w/butterflies, birds & blooms
the Outlawz Paper a la Mode - AG/with Paper; March theme is Music Makes the World Go 'Round
Beautiful Blossoms - AG/with Flowers, Floral as focus

7 comments:

Carol L said...

You call it doodling, while I call it fantastic artistic talent! This is simply amazing! Thanks for sharing it with the first Triple B challenge! (Carol, GD)

Darlene said...

WOW! You are very talented!! This is gorgeous and we are so happy you've come to join in our new Triple B challenge. Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

ScrappyHorses said...

Very lovely page, Pat! Beautiful flowers, and the butterflies are so lovely flying around the circular mandalas! Wonderful take on our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us! ~Katrina PS...We have changed things a bit over at Paper à la Mode and now we accept ALL crafts...not just paper! So, as long as it's NOT a greeting card and it fits the theme in some way, it's all good!

Donna Ellis said...

love love LOVE your zen doodling, Pat! SO GORGEOUS, and I love the feeling I get seeing the flowers with the "symbolic" shapes in the center of your masterpiece! Thanks for explaining how it came about. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing more of your designs soon!
Happy Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Diane said...

Wow, you did a fabulous job of doodling, looks very professional!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms and Triple B!
Diane BB DT and TB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Aimeslee Winans said...

You are very talented, love your drawing! Thanks for playing in the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope to see you again! XOX, Aimeslee DT

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Such a lovely creation! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Saturday Paper A La Mode Challenges. Shirley M., DT.