PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Journaling is Necessary Therapy for Emotional Well-being

 

I follow the path of positivity, not only the craft challenge blog, but the whole idea that positive living, thinking and sharing enriches one's life. I keep numerous journals - a book of lists, of books I loved, of gratitude, of artwork,  and of grief and recovery. These journals have kept me sane and balanced.

Today I needed to make another entry, but I was too upset to use words. I cut out pieces of some of my Zen doodling and meditated on each one as I placed them on this page. I was mindful of the stark contrast of black ink on white paper. I used "happy" colors of Washi tape to secure them.

By the time I was finished, I felt calm and on the way to accepting the end of a relationship with people I loved and still love, people whose deceit and lies and stinging barbs caused me pain and heartache. I say "on the way", because grief has no real end. It burns at first, and gradually tapers off. But it still smolders, lighting up at times, throughout your life.

Grief is a very personal battle. It takes as long as it takes. Period. We must remember, however, that life is meant to be lived, and one can still enjoy moments in between the grief, until the grief becomes just the moments while you're living. Journaling, counseling, and choosing the path you lead go a long way toward recovery, happiness and health. 

I choose to live mindfully and on the path of positivity; crafting, art and journaling are key to my success. I hope you remain positive while you're walking your own path...

No comments: