PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Your Scrapbook Place Midway Challenge Reminder


Today marks the halfway point in Your Scrapbook Place June challenge. Our sponsor this month is DeeDee's Digis, and I got to play with a sheet of images called Coffee Cup Greetings.
Today I mixed digital and paper crafting together to create this card. In Photoshop, I used three pre-colored coffee cup images, adding parts of my sentiment onto each cup. My patterned paper is a digi delight from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. Once I had the background paper and the cups sized right, I printed and cut them out.
In order to stack my cups, I used an Exacto knife to cut slits in the tops of my two bottom cups, slipping each into the slits. The rest was just a matter of finding the right embellishments. I am meeting my girlfriend for lunch on Friday. I haven't seen her in months. Since our kids have grown up, we seem to be busier than we ever were before! Both her son and my daughter are in college now, and we have full-time jobs, so there are no more free days when we'd get together for a play date, or spend the morning at the local thrift store together.
So I wanted a card to give her this week that would let her know that, while we may not see each other often, her presence is very much known to me, and I appreciate her being there.
Now it's time for you to join in the fun at Your Scrapbook Place challenge blog. If you need some inspiration, head on over to DeeDee's Digis blog. And as always, crafters, have fun!
Other Challenges I am Entering:
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Fairy Tale Stampers - Anything Goes
Simply Papercrafts - Anything Goes
Stempelsonnen challenges - Alles geht (Anything Goes)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pat love your card, great design and colours. Love the sentiment and thanks for joining our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and we hope you will join us again soon. Jennifer DT member x

Carla's Cards said...

Great design and sentiment! Thanks for sharing at Crafting from the Heart.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

Cricutjunkie said...

I love your card, who would have though coffee cups would have made such a cute card. I also love your blog. Blog name is very unique. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by my Blog and say Hi. TFS Traci

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Super cute creation. Love the cups. Sorry I'm late popping by to see this. Thanks for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again soon.
Lynn, LPCF DT