PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, June 19, 2015

Quoting the POEt

When I was in college, I spent one semester on studying the master of Horror fiction and poetry, Edgar Allen Poe. My whole grade centered around my 30 page paper on his life, his loves, his writing and his insane take on an insane world.
There is a challenge blog out there called Quoth the Raven, devoted to the macabre master of frights. This month their theme is photo-inspired:
I chose to pull the colors and use the man himself as inspiration for my canvas. My image comes from the master of macabre herself, Sue from Ike's Art. It's called Poe Bust. I colored it and then popped it onto one of my new background papers from Mischief Circus from the Dead or Alive Collection by Rucola Designs. To give it some shimmer, I used a glitter overlay from Krysty, also available from Mischief Circus.
I added some splatters of red to give it dark undertones, and allowed the raven to utter his infamous line. The quote is one of my favorites from Mr. Poe. I hope you like my canvas today!
Other challenges I am entering:
As You Like It challenges - Favorite Book (the Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe, 
a treasury of terror on which I grew up)

5 comments:

ike said...

Oooooh - now that is fabulous. Such a great background and thank you for showing off one of mine Pat :-D
Thank you for coming to play along at QUOTH THE RAVEN. :-) I wish I had taken that college course with you - how fabulous :-)

IKE ox
Co-Author QTR

My Side of Oz said...

Patacake! This is soooo fabulous! Love how you used Ike's image and this quote is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Lair Designs Challenge this month! ~Nanette, DT~

Kay Wallace said...

I would have loved that course, Pat! You have literally transformed the challenge from Quoth the Raven into a beautiful artful project here. So happy that you found us and have played along this month!

Kay Wallace
Quoth the Raven DT

Mojca said...

ohhhhh I am a huge fan of Edgar Allen Poe!!!! Gorgeous work! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

blackdragon said...

I too, would have loved to take that course with you.
Superb canvas.... love the quote you used.
Thank you for joining us at QTR for our picture inspiration challenge. BDx