PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Love Rules without Rules

Today I made a card for my girlfriend, who will celebrate her wedding anniversary next week.  I love, love, love this QKD image called Steampunk Heart.  I had so much fun coloring and embellishing it!  Here I popped my colored image onto a piece of Tim Holtz Idea-ology patterned paper, tearing the edges.  I added to the effect with some diecut gears.
I adhered it all to background paper that was designed by me using three different acrylic paints and a credit card to scrape it all together into the pattern you see.  Punching holes at the bottom, I tied ribbons using more Tim Holtz (this time in the way of brads).   After adhering the whole thing to some sheet music, I finished off my card by rubbing some metallic acrylic gold paint around the edges.
You can play with this heart as well as other QKD images by checking them out at the Shop.  There are images and stamps for every crafting style!  Whatever you choose to make, have fun crafting!

No comments: