PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, March 24, 2014

Dotty Over Squigglefly!

This week the Squigglefly Challenge calls for Polka Dots!  Now I don't really like polka dots so I don't have a lot of paper or embellishments in that style, but I found both paper and ribbon in my leftover stash, so here is the card I made for the challenge.  The digi image is called "Vanity Thy Name Is Woman" by the lovely and talented artist Lynne Stansbery.  Can you tell she's one of my fave artists? LOL
I colored her with Copics and framed her in coordinating colors of cardstock before popping her onto my polka dotted card face.  I did the same with my sentiment, a 2-parter from SU.  I finished off my card with a linen flower and a piece of polka-dotted ribbon.
The inside of the card finishes the sentiment.  It reads:  "and now you must tell me that I look marvelous!"
Pull out your Squigglefly images and come play with us as we celebrate a week's worth of polka dots!
You can also use them for the Outlawz Paper ala Mode Challenge this week as well.  Their challenge is to use something on your card that starts with the first letter of your name.  My name is Pat and the Polka dots are my challenge item!! For those who need a lttle push, here's a list of alphabetically listed items you might use if your name starts with:
A is for animals, atc's, alphas and apples
B is for buttons, brads, birds and braid
C is for Copics, chipboard, corrugated and CAS
D is for diecuts, distress, dimension and diamonds
E is for elephants, envelopes, embossing and emerald
F is for fiskars, fairies, frogs and flocking
G is for green, gears, glitter and giraffes
H is for hearts, hippos and heat embossing
I is for indigo, inks, iris folding and inchies
J is for jade, jute, jewels and journaling
K is for kites, knots and kids
L is for lime, lace and layers
M is for monkeys, Mod Podge and metal
N is for notes (musical), negatives and newsprint
O is for orange, oil pastels and ombre
P is for polka dots, paint, punches and prima 
Q is for question marks, quilling and queens
R is for Ranger, rustic and roses
S is for stamping, stickles and Scrapbook Stamp Society (their sponsor) 
T is for tri-folds, tearing and tulips
U is for underwater, unicorns and UTEE
V is for vertical, vines and vellum
W is for washi, women, water colors and white
X is for Xyron and XOXO
Y is for yellow and you tube
Z is for zentangles and zebras
Whew, there you go, now craft!!

3 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

I am love this cute card and your coloring is excellent.

Charlene Mitchell said...

What a fun card Pat! Your sentiment is PERFECT for this image and I especially love the 2nd part of it! Super fun and you did a great job, especially for someone who doesn't like polka dots!!

nwilliams6 said...

Love this image and sentiment combo Pat! Makes me smile! Hugz!