PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Wired Up in Jewelry

Since discovering my treasure box of sea shells, I thought I'd try my hand at some wired jewelry. The first few were pretty rough, but as I practiced I think I got better. They are no magnificent works of art, but I sold a couple, and gave a few to friends and family, letting them choose which ones they wanted. I still have a few left, and plenty (too much) wire and supplies left over. I added2 small charms to the first one shown.



With the next one, I added small  pearls to my wire as I wrapped the shell. Those pearls were so slippery, I felt like Whoopi Goldberg in the movie Sister Act as she tried to string beads to make a rosary.



I found a few of these skinny shells that I wrapped, adding a small bead to its end. Because of its shape, it was much easier to wrap.

This last one sold before I could say Boo. I sold my necklaces for $10 each. I made others using sea glass and polished stones and crystals. It was relaxing to wire them, and I was happy to have tried something new...

During the pandemic and on (and on and on) have you tried something new? Started a new hobby? What did you do with whatever extra time you hade? I'd love to see where inspiration took you!

 

No comments: