PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Tangling with Zen, and Ike's Art

  I recently got bit by a bug -- a Doodling bug. I've devoted several pages of my art journal to doodling Zentangles. At first, I drew squares or circles and doodled within their limited borders. Then I tried to incorporate my doodles into a scene of some kind.

But my most recent Zentangle uses a digital image from Ike's Art. I love Ike's images; in fact, most of my mixed media pieces have used images from the Shop. My Zentangle today uses Flamenco Dancer. It's one of my favorites. Instead of coloring the image with Copics, I doodled her dress. I added shading with2 different blue colored pencils. I love how she turned out and wanted to share it with you. Let me know what you think...

 I'm going to link her up to Ike's Art  World Challenge blog. Other challenges I have entered:

ART*JOURNAL*JOURNEY - favorite movie/song "Shall We Dance" with Richard Gere



7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm so glad you joined us Pat. And nice to "meet" you also. I like your flamenco dancer. Adding the blue but not a lot of colors was a smart choice. I haven't seen that movie but I am getting a list of one I need to check out this month. Richard Gere is a good actor. Thanks for sharing with us at Art Journal Journey. hugs-Erika

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love your doodling - both pages are fantastic! And Shall We Dance is a perfect movie depiction here!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you enjoy zentangles, because I am horrible at them. Your doodles on the skirt of the flamenco dancer are brilliant. Simply beaitiful. We are really delighted you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey using Alison's theme. The song fits the dancer perfectly and vise versa.

craftytrog said...

I love your flamenco dancer Pat, she's beautiful!
Thanks for linking up to my theme at Art Journal Journey.
Alison

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's a great bug to be bitten by Pat, your zendoodle flamenco dancer is fabulous.
I've not seen that Richard Gere film, I must add it to my list. Nice to meet you @ AJJ. Tracey.

Borqna said...

I love your flamenco dancer Pat.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Congratulations you are a winner over at Ike'sWorld challenge
Ginny DT for
Ike'sWorld challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos