PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Making Spring Wall Decor

 

As I clean out and organize my craft supplies, I am discovering not only items to upcycle and alter, but inspiration as well. Today, I sanded and painted a metal starburst ornament. After painting on a layer of gesso, I decided it would look great with a rainbow design. The center was empty when I bought it at a thrift store ($3), and thought a positive affirmation would look  great.

I cut out three circles from foam board (Dollar Store $1). The one above is covered in patterned paper from my scrapbooking pile. I found large letter stickers in my stash, painting and "glitterizing" each. I adhered twine to the edge of my center, but after I added it to the starburst, it still needed something to frame it, so I grabbed (hopefully) the last of my clear glass bubbles, also from Dollar store. I finished off my wall ornament by adding a couple butterflies and a flower.

Remember that I cut out three circles for the center? I chose the words PEACE and PRIDE so that I could change out my artwork when I felt like it. They kind of look like patches, but these circles are about 6.5" each.

Have you caught the thrift store bug? Besides items to alter, I buy clothes, cookware, and loads of other things (take a look at my basement and you'll see how MUCH I love to thrift). What do you look for or find that makes its way home with you?

No comments: