PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, February 11, 2022

Sally Sells Seashells by the Sea Shore

Hello, crafters, my Muse has finally returned from vacation, and I have helped it along by organizing my craft supplies. I found some fantastic sea shells and other seaside materials, and created two new shadow boxes.  The shadow box above got its lowly start as a wooden container holding Doug & Melissa construction trucks. My girlfriend's grandson loves all kinds of vehicles, and she knows I like to give new life to boxes, especially wooden ones.

I painted the inside of each section of my box before attaching each item into the cubbies. I then covered the outside of the box with handmade paper using spray adhesive. For the final touch, I used some shell necklaces from my mom's travels to Hawaii around the front of the frame.

My second project uses a basic square box divided into four sections. After painting the box, I attached an item  in each section. I adorned the box simply with "fish netting" that used to be a shawl of mine (ah, the sacrifices we make for our art). A tiny sea  shell adorn the center of my artwork.

I have more sea shells, sea glass, coral and other sea items that you may see in the weeks ahead. I've also tried my hand at some wire-wrapped jewelry using sea shells and glass. That will be my next post, I think. I'm just happy to be back on Blogger and creating art!! 

Happy crafting, y'all!



No comments: