PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Winter Acrylic Album Sparkles on the 8th Day of Crafting Christmas

I'm creating an album for a swap I'm in and had to show off the cover.  It's just a sneak peek of things to come, but I think it's so pretty I just had to share.  It took me forever to come up with the cover, as it was a piece of stiff brown felt that came in an album kit.  Whoever heard of a brown Christmas (wait, I live in Chicago, where it's been green white, sooty grey and brown!)?  So I had to cover that awful color, but what to use? 
I chanced on a bottle of acrylic paint so my brown cover became white.  It got even whiter with a dash of Diamond glitter from Stampin Up.  Hmm, not wintry enough, so I added a few pieces of Christmas papers with a small doily behind it--ahh, that's better!  A few snowflakes added to the wintry effect. 
The title was inspired by the person who will receive it.  And a ribbon finished it off.
Now for my quandary---what do you do with acrylic pages??!  I've looked for inspiration, but nothing matches my needs.  I am really clueless as to the rest of the album, and I don't have a lot of time to finish it before it needs to be mailed.  So if you have any suggestions, PLEASE leave me a comment.
And as always, keep crafting!

No comments: