PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

TIME for a New Year...

...and with a New Year comes new releases, new inspiration, new techniques to try, new cards to make--the list is endless!  Time to make your resolutions for a new crafting year.  Personally, I would like to make more time for myself, to craft, to create, to explore, to discover, to share.
Meanwhile, I do have a little time to get crafty with a new release from QKD.  It's a stamp from Jeanie Dickinson called Time Piece.
I thought it worked perfectly for my New Year's card.  Every year we get together for dinner and the evening with friends of ours--actually, I met my girlfriend in college, and our families have lived close by since. We've shared a lot of play dates with their son and my daughter.  Anyway, we usually start the evening off with a special dinner.  one year it was crab legs and lobster.  Another it was a turkey and a ham.  Another year we enjoyed finger foods and sweets all night long.
Back to my card, I used a leftover piece of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Christmas Stack and used the stamp a couple times on the paper, as well as on white cardstock, which I then inked up, distressed and Stickled.  Some flowers and sequins embellish one clock, while a flourish hides behind another.  I used my jute lace on the bottom of the card, and let the little New Year's mouse scamper across it, on his way to climbing up the clock.
Simple, yet timely, don't you think?  And here's my resolution:
A happy New Year! Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year.
~Edgar Guest  (from thequotegarden.com)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the look of the card!

Kathy Bradley said...

Wonderful card - wow!