PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Snowball Fight Inspires Day 4 of Crafting Christmas

Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we were children once again.
~Bill Morgan, Jr.

What a great sentiment to put on this card, don't you think?  I made this card using Hambo Stamps Snowball Fight digi-image.  The challenge this week at the Hoedown is to make a card using dry embossing.  This is also my fourth craft project during my 24 Days of Crafting Christmas.
I took two different colors of  cardstock with the same dry embossed texture and made a winter scene.  The background piece has a white core, so I was able to sand the design so that the swirls look like switrling gusts of wintry wind.  The other piece matched the shading of my snow, and gave even the "playing field" some dimension. 
I printed the sentiment noted above on the inside of my card, and I can send it out in my January mailing, to all the friends that i need to catch up with after the holidays!  I love how the kids (I do believe they are brother and sister, they just have that look, you know?) are eyeing each other, waiting for someone to throw the first snowball.
Now it's your turn to dance in the Hoedown!  you can grab a FREEBIE image to use, or iuse what you have.  Have fun and keep crafting!

3 comments:

She's a Color Queen said...

Love that swirling embossed wind that is blowing! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown!

Steph Herbert said...

Fantastic card! I love the swirls, they are just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at the Hoedown! :)

Judy Rozema said...

I really like your hills and swirls! Super cute Hoedown entry~! Always glad to see you there!