PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, December 23, 2011

Robin in Ivy

Chicago weather is confusing enough for us humans, but when it confuses the animals, you know it's bad.  We have geese flying north in November and south in February, squirrels looking for handouts at your front door when they should be snuggled somewhere in our bare trees, and skunks that go traipsing about our back yard when they should be sound asleep.

So this little robin decided to brave the Windy City winter, and is seen resting amongst the ivy.  To celebrate the 23rd day of my 24 Days of Crafting Christmas The new QKD stamp set from Joanna Bromley is aptly called Robin in Ivy, and I love coloring this little guy over and over.  Today I set him against a blue sky twinkling with snowflakes, and gave him more color than is normally seen in the winter.  That's because I remember a poem/song from my childhood called "little Robin Red-breast" and wanted him to match the song lyrics.

To celebrate the 23rd day of my 24 Days of Crafting Christmas, I made this card to give to my mom Christmas morning.  She's the only one who keeps my love of crafting in mind when buying Christmas presents!  I gave her my wish list from QKD's  shoppe
I plan to ring out the old year by bringing new stamps into my craft room, and keep on crafting!  Ho-ho-ho!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Very cool- I love how you did the red around the image