PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Like Grandmother, Like Granddaughter

My granddaughter loves to craft!  There's not a single day when she's over that she doesn't want to "make just one card, Grandma", or color images with Grandma's markers "cause they're better" (Copics).  So a few weeks ago I gave her some images to color, and she did  a great job, staying in the lines, paying attention to detail.  Did I mention she was four years old?

Bella's cards

Anyway, she has a pile of little goodies to give out this Christmas morning, so I cut her colored images out, framed them, and let her make her own cards to put on her packages.  She adhered them onto the card fronts, added a sticker here and a bow there, wrote the person's name on each, and signed her name inside.  I only helped her wrap the gifts and attach the cards to each.

I think she did an awesome job, but then again, I am prejudiced, after all.  What do you think?  Wouldn't you love to get a card from my little crafter?

My only problem is that I really don't want her using my Copics.  Hubby says I sound like Gollum (precious...) from the Lord of the Rings trilogy when I tell her NO.  But I did get Bella her own set of markers to color with, and she's realizing that artists are very protective of their supplies.  Of course she can have all the paper and stickers and alphas she wants.  I have enough of that stuff to last two lifetimes!

Anyway, my whole point is that you're never too young (or too old) to start creating.  And I guess to never let your Copics out of your sight or some little girl is going to use them) 
So happy crafting to all, and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

They are adorable! Starting her young, huh grandma?