PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Cards

I'm just having a whale of a time sorting through my stash of leftovewr papers and ribbons and embellishments. While I really need to organize photos for Heidi's next crop, I can't stop coloring Tildas!!! I love the cupcake Tilda so much, I decided to color in an extra one and cut out her cupcake in hand as well as her other hand holding the mixing spoon and piece them together for a 3D effect. Since there wasn't enough cupcakes on the card front, I colored and cut out more to embellish one side of the card.
I'm also in love with my owls, thank you very much Tiffaney and friends who sent me images. I stamped part of the tree from PCS's Limitless Limbs and decorated the branches with skittles and pearls, then attached the owl with dimensional dots. The card still looked plain, even when I added a few sequin flowers, so I colored and added the word WHOO and it was complete.
I've added a goal to this year's resolution: to work my way through a dismayingly tall stack of leftover pieces of patterned paper. I just can't seem to throw away anything!! My leftovers take up a whole file drawer, and I just throw the pieces in there. There is no rhyme, reason or organization to the pile. Maybe if I took the time to sort by color, I could find and then create more easily and swiftly, but I just don't feel like it. Wait until I really need a small piece of remembered paper and can't find it, then I'll bemoan my laziness!!!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Cute cupcake Tilda..I love her! hugs,T