PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, December 19, 2008

I Love Snow Days


I went to bed and wished for a snow day, and when I woke up the ground was covered with white stuff, the streets were unplowed and the schools had called off classes. Time for me to play, and play I did!
I couldn't resist making another Christmas card with my new favorite stamp set. This time I mixed twinkling lights with holly and ornaments, coloring them with my copics and Stickles and Liquid Glass. I fell asleep mapping out this card, believe it or not! The idea of stamping and then cutting the image into segments was in my head as I dozed off. It looked way different, because I had imagined different sized and shaped blocks of stamped image, but I like this clean look. I also decided on a non-traditional pink background, and let it peek through the negative cut of the word Christmas from my Cricut. The Merry is in red and loses itself in the background color but I kinda like that too. I embellished with a couple diecut Xmas light bulbs (Stickles for extra glam) and put the star on at the very end to follow the triangle pattern they're always talking about in the scrapbooking mags "the eye gets pulled along the three points of the triangle for a more focused view..."
Then there was the leftover picture, the one I really like of my sister, year unknown. Every Christmas I can remember as an adult, she would wear her Santa hat and pass out presents, digging far behind the tree for those stragglers, making sure everyone had a gift in hand to open. Her smile in this photo brings Christmas into focus for me. I will remember her smile and her job as chief elf and Santa's helper long after I remember the presents I received through the years. I love the mix of colors that the background paper pulled in, and used them for my photo and journaling mats. I have an irrational fear of white spaces, so I had to stamp the Santa face on the patterned paper, even thought it technically wasn't a "white space". I think this may be the least embellished page I've made in my Christmas album yet, but it looks complete to me, so I'm putting it into the album before I add...I don't know,something!

3 comments:

Candy said...

Love ALL your trees - looks like a great stamp set. Thanks for sharing!
Merry Christmas

Jenn Borjeson said...

Beautiful - I love your style!!

Chrissy D said...

Oh the tree card is sooo fun! I love the way you have it paneled! Lovely! And your scrapbook page is delightful! TFS!