PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, October 6, 2014

Take Courage while on the Path of Positivity



This month, the Path of Positivity challenge blog takes you down the path of courage. Are you a courageous person? I don't think of myself as particularly brave. However, I have been known to do some things that make me appear courageous. I'll tell you a little secret...
Half the things I do that seem courageous are because I'm totally clueless as to what I'm getting myself into!
Leaving home at 18 and joining the Army to make $328 a month, 2000 miles from my family and committing myself to three years to the U.S. government? Not courageous, clueless! Sometimes it's better to be clueless about what lies ahead than to know every little thing that could and probably would go wrong. I don't know that I'd even get out of bed if I had to deal with all my fears, known and unknown, each morning!
But my canvas reflects the inspiration I get from nature. Who am I to fear what's ahead when the trees offer such courage in the face of a long cold winter? If they can put their fears aside and face the coming change with a burst of brilliant colors, waiting courageously for new life in Spring, then who am I to hesitate. That's why my favorite color is October, and October is my hero!
I created a 12x12 mixed media canvas using "Wisps of Autumn," a lovely image from the Path of Positivity's guest sponsor, Sparkle & Sprinkle.
Sparkle N Sprinkle is the sole sponsor for this challenge:  They are offering up three prizes for this challenge, which will be:
  • Three digital images for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • Three digital images for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • Three digital images for a project or post that best displays the concept of courage in a creation meant for a breast cancer survivor (since it is breast cancer awareness month).
There will also  be:
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
  • One digital designer paper (made to order in a few different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
Have you stepped along the Path of positivity? It is a unique challenge blog designed to inspire, nurture and provide support for the soul by creating a positive path to follow, one project or post at a time! This month's guest designer is Julie O. from http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com. Go check out the wonderful project she made for this month's theme of COURAGE!

2 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic canvas! Love the rich colors!

Penny said...

I love mixed media projects--and this one is so vibrant! Love the colors, textures and that darling little owl you included! :^)
Hugs, Penny