PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012: Second Day, Second Card

What a nice way to start the new year---with time off to clean house, put away decorations, clean out drawers and closets (and the fridge), AND get some time in my craft room!
Although winter officially started around the 21st of December, it seems to have stalled somewhere north of Chicago...until today!  Finally, the temps have dropped enough for a light snow shower to intermittently color our world, even if it never really reaches the ground and stays.
So, in celebration of the expected cold and blustery day ahead of me, I made a Winter card, one of the January cards I send out to friends who didn't receive Christmas cards from me.  While organizing my meager stash of stamped images, I came across this Tilda, which I had received, oh, so long ago. 
What with so many new stamp and digi releases, I have woefully neglected the stamps and images already on hand.  It seems months since I colored a Tilda from Magnolia Stamps.  So I sorted through my patterned paper stash for paper that would reflect my chilly environment while giving the feeling of crystal white snow floating through the air.  I also used my newest Spellbinders Nestabilities die, and my Epic Six. 
Next on my crafting to-do list is to plan and package some layout kits for an all day crop this month.  I need to crop Thanksgiving and Christmas, which is always fun to do.  Then there's my son's Army Boot Camp and M.P. School graduation and his homecoming.  That will be a big one.
In fact, my crafting goals this month are to scrapbook some holidays and events, but also to organize, sort and label some very old paper photos that are stashed on shelves near my craft room ceiling.  I have neglected them, too, and need to get back to family historian, as remembered by Pat!
So look not only for cards on my blog this month, but some scrapbook pages!
And now, my personal challenge to my followers.  What have you neglected lately in your crafting?  Is it stamps, layouts, a tool, a kit, journaling??  Whatever it is, give yourself some time to return to "the scene of your crime" and use what you have.  And as always, happy crafting!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great coloring. Love the card!