PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

birthdays and sympathy cards



I had a chance to run away into my craft room on Sunday, so I finished up a couple sets of card fronts for a card swap on Scrapbook Place yahoo Group. I have a love of monkeys so my friend Lelia sent me some images of the cute monkey whose eyes are popping out at the birthday cupcake in front of him. I colored two images with copics, the first being the entire image and the second using just the cupcake and the monkey's eyes. Thewn I attached the parts of the second image onto the same area on the first image, giving the scene dimension. I also used Liquid Glass on the cherry and his eyes, while using Stickles on the cupcake's sprinkles.
So many of my swap mates for the sympathy cards had asked me for images of Calla Lilies from Stampin Up, so I thought I'd use a different flower, although the lily is standard on this type of card. Just a tiny bit of black Stickles on the flower heads for a conservative pop.

No comments: