PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Sometimes It's Not the Gift but the Way It's Presented

 

For those of you who celebrate, Happy St. Nicholas Day. I decided to start featuring my Christmas makes today. I have been MIA for quite awhile, and can't promise how long I can stay, but Here I am! 

During the summer I spent several weekends at my trailer located near a few state parks. It was very relaxing. During one weekend, there was a "garage" sale and I scored 13 book boxes. These fake books open to a "secret" compartment in which you can put anything you want. I am making several Christmas boxes with which to gift my neighbors. I live in an awesome community where we all take care of each other.

This Joyeux Noel book box is the first of seven boxes I'm making. I used designer papers, wired ribbon, after-Christmas, clearanced holiday decor, pearls, modge podge, tissue paper and paint to texturize and decorate my box inside and out, front and back. 

I'm only going to show the back and inside of the first book box so you get the main idea of what I'm doing. Same with the little gifts I'm putting inside. Some are the same, some will be different; some are homemade, some store-bought. These are just gifts for people whom I appreciate are in my life and wanted to show them that.

See you tomorrow, crafters!


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good to see you. Such a lovely idea and very kind too, They will be overjoyed with the books and gifts I'm sure.
Faith x