PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Sometimes It's Not the Present but the way it's Presented #2

 

Today I created this book box to fill for my next door neighbor, Dennise. She works at the Buddy Foundation, a rescue place for cats and dogs. I say work, but the place runs entirely on volunteers. She helped us get Honeycomb after we lost Wilson,  our first dog. She is also our dog sitter when we go on vacation. I couldn't ask for a nicer neighbor.

Her husband has helped me several times since my husband passed away, loaning me tools and/or showing how to use them.

This book uses a vintage Christmas tree image from the Graphics Fairy on its cover. I decorated the tree with jewels, buttons, sequins, a turtle dove and a star. The edges are decorated with lace and some homemade faux snow.

  Eighteen more days until Christmas, crafters!


No comments: