PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, July 1, 2022

Independence Day (and my daughter's birthday)

 Yes, while the community gathered together to watch the fireworks and oohed and ahhed, I was pacing the hospital hallways, looking out the window at the awesome flashes of color and going :OOOOH  and AAAAH!!"  LOL That's the way I tell about when my daughter Wendy was born...

So for her special day, I first created a plaque with her name. I created it from a Dollar Store speech bubble, covering it first with designer birthday paper. I hot-glued the flowers and greenery around the edges and added her name with leftover stickers. I'll stick it on the wall above where she sits in the living room when it's her day.


I was trying to come up with something handmade to give her, and remembered that she's always wanted one of those "fine art" posters featuring our dogs, Wilson (gone but not forgotten) and Honeycomb.

I dabble in Photoshop, and was able to pull up a free photo of "American Gothic" and popped their photos into it. When I say popped it sounds so easy, but I spent time and sweat equity into the project, taking almost an hour to get everything right. I'm still working with Photoshop Elements 12, which is as antique as the Blackberry cell phone...

Besides my handmades, I got her some treats and some gift cards. She has off of work the day before through the day after her birthday, so we plan on going out for sushi, going to a movie and maybe a one-day road trip.

That's it for today. Have fun, crafters!!

No comments: