PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Christmas in July at Bugaboo Stamps - Day 2Another

Day 2 of Bugaboo Stamps' Christmas in July celebration offers a sketch challenge AND a holiday movie to inspire crafters to create.
The movie is called "Jingle All the Way" so my card's sentiment inside reads:
The image I used is Bugaboo Stamps' "Crabby Catmas". I colored my kitty with Copics, colored in a double oval frame and placed it to match the sketch provided. A short line of pearls on the edge at top and bottom finishes off my card.
The movie's story line is of a dad who, forgetting to pick up the toy his son wanted for Christmas, is forced to try to find it on Christmas Eve (along with hundreds of other parents). I remember the year Tickle Me Elmo was THE toy for Christmas. I was lucky to pick one up on Black Friday, before the demand for Elmo reached its peak. My daughter was thrilled!
That's it for now. I'm running behind on my cards for this special Bugaboo challenge, so good luck if you plan to enter, and happy crafting!
Challenges I am Entering
Catch the Bug - Day 3
Crafting by Designs - Ready for Christmas?
Crafty Gals Corner - Christmas in July
Show Us Your Pussycats - Furrything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Animal Goes
Crafty Animals - Anything Animal Goes
Craftyhazelnut's patterned paper - Anything using pp Goes
CCC Digi Creations - Christmas in July
Merry Little Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes
Sheepski Designs - Early Christmas/Winter
The 12 Months of Christmas - AG + Optional PLAID
My Crafting Corner - Christmas in July


12 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! What a bah-humbug kitty! Your coloring is so rich, on this fun design with the great papers in the background. The interior is even more humorous! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Crafty Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Margreet said...

Love your take on the sketch with our humbug Kitty.
Thanks for playing with the CIJ event of Catch the Bug.
xxx Margreet DT

Julie Odil said...

Now, why am I not surprised to find a cat featured on your card, Pat? Very cute, indeed! Thanks so much for joining in on the Christmas in July fun at Catch the Bug Challenges! What a fun week! Julie O, Bugaboo Stamps DT member

Joy Wilson said...

Oh my goodness! I love that sentiment! Awesome card! Thanks for plauying with our CIJ challenges!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Bugaboo DT

Cards by Beckie said...

A fun card in a great choice of colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

Lisa J said...

Such a fun card. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

Helen said...

Love it, Pat - great take on the sketch and a great character too!

Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.

Helen x

Tammy Miller said...

Wow what an adorable promect, thank you so much for taking the time to join in our Sunday sketch challenge in our CIJ event it means so much to us to have you!

ike said...

Hahaha - this cat just makes me laugh.
I remember that film. I didn't have any problems like that for Christmas with my daughter - she left if for later when she was older wanted a Cabbage Patch doll. By which time they were very scarce and collectors items so super hard to get hold of !!! LoL
Thank you for purring to play at SUYP Casts Challenges.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Liz said...

Love this image, what a great expression on the cat! Great card. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great sentiment and love the grumpy cat lol.Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations
Carol DT x

Sari / Granne said...

Your card made me smile, funny image and perfect sentiment for it. And such a bright X-massy colors, thank you for joining Sheepski Designs -challenge, hope to see you again this month (sorry for the late commenting ... holidays ... )