PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Most Unusual Friendships are often the Strongest

One of my best friends is a woman with whom I worked. Our personalities were complete opposites. I felt we had nothing in common until each of our oldest children developed behavioral issues that sent them to temporary live-in care and us into a vortex of worry, doubt and fear.
I am proud to call this woman one of my very best friends. Through our shared experiences with mental health (ours and our kids) we bonded so strongly that almost 20 years later, we are still tight.

My card today reflects this friendship, and how I feel about our relationship. She feels that I have supported, cared for and loved her so much, and I feel the same. She's going through a rough patch right now, dealing with issues of loss recently. Besides the phone calls and the emojis added to my texts, I want to send her this card. We both have dogs, and both are allergic to cats, so my creation is very much in tune to us.

I featured a Sandra Caldwell image from her Babycakes DND Etsy Store. My cardstock haf a perfect circle in which to frame my Copic-colored image, but I made an error in cutting out my image. Men will use Duct tape; crafters will use Washi tape!! I love the geometric feel of this card.Just a little (okay, a lot) of jeweled bling to make it shine and I finished off my card with my sentiment.

How do you fix something that wasn't supposed to end up the way it did? Washi tape? Ink? Do you change your card to fit the error, or start all over again? Let me know!! and as always, happy crafting!

Challenges I am Entering:
Through the Craft Room Door -  Anything Goes
Show Us Your Pussycats - Furrything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes w/a Critter
Fabrika Fantasy - For the Boys/Men
Sheepski Designs - For Someone Special


4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Patti, what a great use of washi tape - so happy and festive - just like friendships - those people we count on. Thanks for sharing your story about your BFF. The card is utterly delightful! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Crafty Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

ike said...

That's a great image. What a fab story about your Friend. So close still after all this time :-) I am sure she will get a bit 'hit' from this great card.
Sometimes I try and "hide" a mistake but often just ditch the whole thing :-(

Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges. I hope it didn't make you sneeze too much coming over to see us there ? :-D

Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Theresa said...

what a great story of friendship. you and your friend are lucky to have found each other. the card is a great representation of this. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

Julie Odil said...

What a wonderful card and great story, Pat. Yes, friendships can stem from unlikely places, can't they? Thanks so much for joining us this month for the challenge at SheepSki Designs. Julie, DT member