PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Let's Get Quirky Masculine This Month


It's time for a new Quirky challenge, and the theme is Masculine with a Ribbon this month. Crafty Ribbons and Bugaboo are two of our sponsors.


I got to play with a cute digi image called "Sit Dog." Never in my wildest imaginings would I have ever considered becoming a dog owner, but through the years, my fears and allergies have all but disappeared. Now Wilson, a 7 year old Silkie Terrier, is a part of our family. We got him from the Buddy Foundation, who rescues dogs from high kill shelters. He chose us, and we are so happy. So if you see a few more dog and cat cards on my blog, you know why now.
A lot of digital elements and papers went into the creation of my card. The papers are all from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles: 3 from her Heartland Patterned Paper Kit, and 2 from her Grungy Christmas Textured Paper Kit. It often takes more time on the computer creating a digital project than it does working with ink and paper.My ribbons were tied into bows and then placed on the dog bones. It's nice, though, to create a card with layers and be able to stick it into an envelope and not have to pay extra postage to mail it off. This one is going to a friend's son who just got his own puppy and is celebrating his birthday.
Challenges I am Entering:
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes (birthday themed)
Crafty Gals Corner - All about the Boys 
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Mod Squad Challenge blog - Feature a Creature

My next card also uses a sponsor's image. SLS Lines is also sponsoring this month's Quirky Masculine with a Ribbon Challenge.
I played with a digi image called Math Geek. It's another birthday card for a guy. My ribbon is behind my sentiment, which is a 2-parter. The inside reads, "...that you are turning 29 AGAIN! Happy Birthday!"

I used 3 different patterned papers on my card: one from Designs by Lozzy from her "Funky Numbers Kit". While not for sale, her papers are offered up as challenge prizes at her own challenge blog, A Bit More Time To Craft.The other two I made myself: one by embossing, and one with alcohol inks. I colored my image with Copics.
Challenges I am Entering:
Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers - G is for Gears (embossed paper)
Just Add Ink - Just Add Numbers
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner - All about the Boys
SLS Lines challenges - Inspired by a Song, Book or Movie (as soon as I saw this image, I was reminded of the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

Now it's your turn to create and link up your masculine with a ribbon project this month. we have some awesome prizes from our sponsors!! Happy crafting!

12 comments:

Donna said...

I like any project that lists Ferris Bueller as an inspiration!
Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for G is for Gears!

Barbara said...

I got a chuckle when I saw that puppy licking that sweet little boy. Precious! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge. Good luck, and hope to see you again.
Barbara, Challenge Host.

Rae Ann said...

These are such great cards. I love the dimension you created on the all-digital card. The second card just makes me smile. Especially with that matching gold tooth!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our All About the Boys challenge.

Lindsey said...

I had a teacher that looked a lot like that! French, though, not math. Fun birthday card... love the two part sentiment. Your puppy card is fun! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Cindy said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Time.

Jan said...

Such fun cards! I love your first one - so cute and I too am owner to a dog who chose us :-) Your second card is so fun and beautifully coloured too. Thanks for joining with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Chris Dring said...

A card inspired by Ferris Beuller? Awesomesauce! And so is your card! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

I knew that was the reason that I never was a math person, they won't let me keep being 29! Fun image and cards. Thank you for playing along in the G is for Gears challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Unknown said...

Wow awesome card cute image thank you for sharing with us at Simply Papercraft - good luck
Lyn - DT

Lozzy said...

Wow, love your designs and Maths Geek goes great with the Funky Numbers papers..Thank you for using papers...Hugs Lozzy xx

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

So pretty cards ! thank you so much for sharing with us at SLS Lines Digital Stamps
WIshing you good luck to win beautiful digistamps !

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Great card. Thanks for gearing it up with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.