PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Gerda Stein Designs Sponsors the Outlawz Progressive Freebie

Now that the school year has truly started, I needed a desk calendar that would change with the seasons. I found a cool acrylic calendar/pen holder at my local Goodwill store for 99 cents and threw away the 2012 monthly pages.
I started with the month of October, using a digital image called "Kid with Pumpkin Handcart" from Gerda Steiner Designs. GSD is this month's wonderful sponsor at the Outlawz Progressive Freebie challenges group.
Everyone who played in last month's challenge will receive this image for free. Didn't play last month? Just go to the Shoppe and purchase it, create something with it and then link up with the Outlawz and the next month's image is free. Keep doing this and you will receive a free image every month. It's that simple!

After printing my image, I colored with Copics, and found and printed a 2015 monthly template for the rest of the year and into 2016.I chose a paper from my never-ending (or so it seems) stash. Since the space between the inner and outer acrylic faces is very thin, I had to go easy on embellishments, settling for some ribbon, a flower, a bow and a few scattered sequins.
Right now my calendar is holding a few Fall flowers and leaves, but once I bring it to my office, I'll add some pens and pencils. And maybe a few personal business cards in case people like my artwork!
Don't forget to check out all the lovely images at Gerda Steiner Designs. Hope you'll play along this month!!
Challenges I am Entering:
Crafting with an Attitude - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations - Always Anything Goes
Share joy challenges - Color Palette

The Craft Garden - Autumn Colors


3 comments:

Jen Shults said...

You did a lovely job with your calendar. This is such an adorable idea! Thanks for joining us for Share Joy Challenge 5!

applejack cards by sue said...

This is great fun. What a wonderful Calendar. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafty Girls Creations. Sue DT xx

marta.szymanska said...

Amazing colours, beautiful card. Thank you for joining in with us at Scrap & Craft Challenge.