PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Thinking of Flowers on this Cold Winter Day

I have an altered art piece to show you today using the QKD digi image "Florophone."   I started with a cardboard container that had held Brie cheese.  After painting it, I used distress inks on a paper doily and added it to the top of my container.
I colored Florophone with Copics, adding a little sparkle with Stickles and Liquid Glass.  I used my circle cutting system from CM to cut out a frame for my image, allowing the flowers and butterfly to "escape" its frame.  Backing it with black cardstock, I attached my image to the container and the fun began.
A spray of mixed flowers adorns my art piece, while a cardstock sentiment finishes off the top.
To finish off the sides, I attached lace and pearls.   I haven't decided what to put into my altered container yet.  The possibilities include a set of altered round coasters, as well as circle-shaped note cards.  Any other ideas?  The container is about four inches wide.
Meanwhile, check out the STORE for more lovely images as well as some awesome inspiration!

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Pat this is a gorgeous little box with a great vintage feel and those flowers are just scrumptious.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}