PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, February 17, 2014

A Love of Lists

I am a list maker.  I LOVE making lists.  
Not just your hum drum to-do lists, but lists that tell a person’s life story.  Lists like “the many ways my husband shows he loves me.”  Or “all the things I have for which to be thankful.”
One that really helps me pull my wretched self out of a deep pit of depression is “how many people whose lives I have touched (and who have touched mine).”
One year I kept a journal of lists and wrote in it at least once a week.  Luckily I am just enough of a hoarder to have buried the journal for a couple years.  I just re-discovered it while cleaning out my dresser drawers.  And upon reading my lists, I re-discovered myself. 
I remembered the things that made me happy not so long ago.
I re-discovered my passion for art and painting.
I renewed my dreams.
I re-evaluated my bucket list.
And most importantly, I reminded myself how much I LOVE making lists!!
I created the project above for the Path of Positivity's February Challenge on the theme of LOVE.  Since I LOVE making lists, I decided to make a journal cover for all my 2014 lists.
I started with a 4x6 index card notebook.  It has an acrylic cover, which works perfectly for setting the background of heart-themed patterned paper from DCWV.
Next I chose my image.  Since journaling is really just a conversation with yourself, I used a digi image called "Skellie Gossip" from one of our monthly sponsors, Ike's Art.  I used very little color (Copic E000) for my pair of bony companions, then fussy-cut them out.  I adhered a leftover diecut of patterned paper on the front cover of my notebook, placing a border of washi tape from Recollections on which my pair could rest their weary bones (pun intended).
I embellished the patterns on the tape with black Skittles.
A few adhesive-backed jewels and a large heart charm almost finish off my project.  I just needed to bring out the edges of where the two front flaps join together to keep all my lists from spilling out.  I used black and Diamond Stickles for that and my altered notebook is complete.
What's going to be my first list of the year?  The people I love to LOVE-that would make a very good start to the new year.  Judging from my project, 2014 will be another banner year for my list-making love.  
Will you share something you LOVE with us?  Go to the Path of Positivity to play in this month's challenge.  The fabulous sponsors and prizes are:

   Ten digital images from Creative Bug Digitals for the person out of the top seven who receives the most votes during voting week.
    Three digital images from Ike's World for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
    Three digital images from Scribbles Designs, our guest sponsor this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
    One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
     One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles as well.

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This has a wonderful mixed media feel. Great design.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 800 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Path of Positivity said...

I too have been know to make lists, though mostly these days it is lists filled with the things I have to do. Maybe one day I'll get back to the gratitude lists and the dreams lists, etc. These lists of yours must be a wonderful spiritual expression for you. Kudos for continuing with them and rediscovering old ones. The cover of yours certainly gives new meaning to death do us part, that is for sure! Thanks for another great midway project Pat!

Hugs,
Lisa

ike said...

Oh, FANTASTIC book cover and that just made me giggle when you said it was like having a conversation with yourself. I do that all the time :-) I was intrigued by your idea of making lists. I have never tried that but I feel it could be very rewarding :-)
Thanks for using one of my images :-)
Hugz
IKE xx