PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, August 3, 2013

You Color My World

Now that my son's wedding is past and the road trip to visit my mother-in-law has come to an end, and I have recovered from a sinus infection, I can breathe a sigh of relief and get back to crafting for pleasure!!  Not that it wasn't fun to hand-make so many things for the wedding, but it's nice to sit down to Pinterest or a crafting magazine and think, 'this looks cool, I think I want to try it', and actually have the time to do so!

I did look online at my favorite sites and blogs, and found inspiration in Hambo's newest challenge.  So I got out my trusty Copics and printed up a favorite Hambo digi image and went to play.

The image I used is called Pig Artist and comes with three sentiments!  I used the "You Color My World" sentiment on the inside of my tri-fold card.

I cut a 12x5 inch strip of cardstock and scored it at 4" and 8".  Then I cut a straight line from the first 4 " fold to a point 2 inches from the end on each side to make the diagonal shape of the card.  The point didn't work for me so I cut about 1/2" off.

Then I had fun using my stash of leftover patterned papers and covered each flap of my card.  I had to make sure to attach two eyelets and two snaps (I thought they were eyelets) before adhering the pp.

My Pig Artist image looked lost on all the colorful papers, so I cut out a circle with which to frame him. Here is my card in its open position.

I would have put a little more embellishment on the card front, but  I wanted to include it in my growing pile of cards for the Troops, which has some very specific guidelines for what you can put on your cards.

So here is my Pig-casso in all his colorful glory!  Check out the Hambo Hoedown for more inspiration on using your eyelets and Hambo images on your cards.  Each player is a winner, getting a digi image just by entering!!

And as always, crafters, have fun!!

4 comments:

VAWM said...

Pat, he is adorable! I love the way you describe your "card in progress"

nwilliams6 said...

Pat, this image is so fun and your card shape is perfect! Glad you had a great time on your trips and the wedding and now you can relax and get back into the normal swing of things. Wonderful card. Hugz!

Hetty said...

This is such a fun card and very colorful! I love it!

Kendra said...

What a FUN card! I love that image & your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for playing along on the Hambo Hoedown this week!