PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I got a chance to fill up another page in my art journal.  I found a great quote on Pinterest that just about sums up the way I feel after a long day at work, a harried trip to the store, even after a relaxing vacation.  It reads:  In my home Let love Abide, and Bless all those who Step inside."

So I ran with it and using mixed media, made my page.  If you don't recognize me, I'm the one in the skirt walking toward my lovely home, filled with the people I love and the comforts that soothe me.

I painted, ModPodged, stamped, collaged, and hand-lettered on my page.  I even used embossing powder and distress paint to change a bright and shiny brass key to the old and flaky thing with wings on my page.

I found this very cool blog today called path of positivity.  They spread positive thoughts, ideas and motivation, which I think is fantastic.  They also offer monthly challenges, this month's theme being "optimism."  I'm entering my art journal page in the challenge with a short description of why this page offers optimism to me:  When I step into my home, I feel a surge of optimism that my day will finish off on a good note.  I know that the night will not be full of roses and fairy tale goodness, but it's MY home and MY family and there is love.  And wherever there is love, there is hope, a beacon of optimistic light piercing whatever dark thoughts I picked up throughout my day.

I'm optimistic about my art, too, which is why I'm working on my art journal.

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is an awesome mixed media project. This is so perfect for our OPTIMISM theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Optimistic Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Donna Ellis said...

Pat, a beautiful entry for your journal, and I imagine, that your home is the same way, filled with Love and Blessings. Just beautiful! hugs, de

SAMARA said...

Oh Pat...this is a stellar piece of art and so is your new discovery description. I know I felt the same way when I discovered the blog - just blessed right down to my toes! Your piece is so joyful and hopeful and inspirational and of course I knew that was you! lol You resemble yourself perfectly - don't we all in our mixed media? I love your lettering, the angles and how it looks like mesh from a distance. Just to see the thumbnail will make anyone who sees it OPTIMISTIC as to what they too could accomplish in the mixed media format! Pat, I wish you great success in life, and in this challenge. I hope to see you back and thank you for discovering us and for taking the time to create such a lovely piece for us. HeArtfully Yours, Samara - DT Path of Positivity (samaranavi.blogspot.com and shadowsideart.blogspot.ca)

Path of Positivity said...

Pat,

First, let me welcome you to our challenge blog. We are so very happy that you have found us.

You have created a wonderful mixed media piece that definitely depicts the comfort and meaning of home for you. However, more than that it is your attitude that exudes exactly what we are looking for this month. Very few of us float through life unscathed or unaffected by the things that go on around us. Even in our homes we may not experience the tranquility that we would like. However, the one thing we can control is our attitude and if we start from a place of love then hope and optimism cannot be far behind.

I am sorry that it took me so long to come and visit. I've been battling a virus that has been chewing into the time I have available for commenting but I did want you know how pleased we were that you could join us this month and I truly hope that we will see you again in future months. I do believe that I have another of your creations to look forward to viewing for this challenge as well. Please come and check to see if you are part of our top seven for challenge #5 as we will be posting this info on Monday evening.

I hope that your home will continue to be a place that offers you solace at the end of a difficult day and that hope will always spring forth from the structure and people within.

Lisa D.,
Owner

Donna Ellis said...

Not only a lovely piece of artwork, but a beautiful write-up, too. Sometimes we forget that we can choose to stop thinking certain thoughts, and that we can view those thoughts from a different point of view to bring healing to our hearts, and light in our lives. Thank you so much!
hugs,
de

Shona Erlenborn said...

How inspiring. ...Great that you find it right at home!! The media project is a work of art! Love how you put all the words in the house - very creative!