PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, September 9, 2024

Meet the New Family Member - Sweet Carroteen the Troll

 


My troll makeovers are continuing over the summer. Blue and Pearl, previously featured, have welcomed a new member to their family, Sweet Carroteen. She is one of three new trolls I picked up and the first of them to make over. 

I was inspired to recreate her when I was organizing my basement after last weekend's garage sale. I found a Dollar Store faux succulent and thought it would look nice atop a small vintage troll. I pulled out the troll's hair and it fit very well, reminding me of a carrot. And so the orange paint went on!

The succulent and the moss underneath it act as the greens of a fresh-from-the-garden carrot (use your imagination). At first I painted her body and dress orange, but her personality was lost in that wash of color. So I repainted her, giving her a paler skin tone. She wears a fancy orange dress that she blinged herself (with a little help from me).

Blue and Pearl have taken her in, as she was wandering around a thrift store without parents. She doesn't remember her name or  if she even has parents. So until she remembers or a troll couple come to claim her, they are fostering her, giving her love and guidance and 3 squares a day. She's a very happy girl!

I hope you like my newest troll makeover. I have two more vintage trolls to re-fashion in the coming weeks. It might take a while, as I have just signed up for a booth at a local craft fair to sell all my Halloween and Christmas decor I crafted last year. Wish me luck!